I subscribed briefly to this group earlier this year, and now am re-joining.

My wife, who is 58, has advanced PD (onset was only 6 years ago), such that her rigidity approaches paralysis.
It is probably a case of what some call Parkinson's Plus. She is not ambulatory and requires assistance with
every physical activity.

I have looked into pallidotomy, but the general feeling was that she would not be a likely candidate for that
particular surgery, which would seem to be for the milder cases.

My question is: Is fetal tissue implantation a hopeful choice for a patient with an advanced case of
Parkinson's disease?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Porter Humphrey
Bethesda, Maryland