After having made three trips to Washinton to enlist enough support to
get the Udall Bill passed, I find myself frustrated by the prospect
that Senator Kassenbaum's committee may not have time to get the entire
NIH budget  to the floor for debate/approval.  I am still learning much
about the ways of Washington, but in my business when the budget is due,
 IT'S DUE,  and there is hell to pay if you don't  meet the deadline.

Am I missing something on the NIH reauthorization. What is all this
talk about not getting it moving. I know Senator Kassebaum is retiring
but she is still on the job together with 15 other committee members.
We have not had any recent wars or major conflicts that might excuse
non performance on something as critical as the NIH work.

Am I missing something or should we go back to Washington and find out
who is asleep at the switch. The clock is ticking for each and every
Parkinsonian and another person, together with many loved ones, is
entering his/her Parkinsonian  hell every 10 minutes. Lets get our
leaders motivated.

Any comments on how this process is supposed to work would be
appreciated.