At 09:52 AM 7/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, John Morey wrote:
>> Does anyone know any computer "games" which will exercise the memory to
>> improve it?
>
>The other day on National Public Radio, I heard a memory researcher
>say that the "memory as muscle" idea is largely mistaken.  If the
>games are fun, by all means play them, but don't expect unrelated
>memory performance to improve.  He has a recent book out on memory.
>
>Ray Bruman                                             [log in to unmask]

Just off the top of my head I would say try Dinosaur Safari.  It is a fun
game where you are a photographer sent back in time to take pictures of the
Dinosaurs.  You have to remember where in the world or what ocean the
Dinosaur was if you saw one that you weren't looking for dash across the
screen or fly or swim by.  It is very life like. My husband bought it for
our son, but plays it a lot himself.
Another good one that uses your mind as well as your memory is Carmen
Sandiego.  It is true that there are no guarantees that this will help
unrelated memory.  But an active brain is always much more productive than a
dormant one.
Laura                                   [log in to unmask]