Hello, I've been on this list once before on behalf of my father and I'm
back again.

My father's neurologist considers himself very conservative in treatment
recommendations but has told my dad to consider having a Pallidotomy soon
b/c the drugs he's on don't seem to be working as well as they have in the
past. In fact, he's now getting dizzy spells from the Sinemet (says the
doctor).

My dad's had PD for 12 years and he is very RIGID -- no tremor at all.

He's on:
Sinemet CR (2x day)
Sinemet blue (2x day)
Eldepryl (2x day)
Risperidal (2x day) -- this is primarily for hallucinations (sp?)

We went to see a neurosurgeon (Dr. Anderson, Loyola, Chicago) and he
recommended a bilateral Pallidotomy. He can get it as soon as August.

My questions are:

Has anybody on this list or someone they know had this operation?

Will this operation improve my dad's quality of life significantly?

Will it only aid his arms and legs or does it affect his digestion, etc?

Should I find another surgeon? This Dr. has only done the Pallidotomy 15 times.

Thanks for any info ASAP!

Spiro Bolos