My wife, Barbara, was put on Parlodel with some minor improvements. She was
increased gradually to the maximum dosage of 30mg/day. HOWEVER, the sinemet
and sinemetCR were NOT reduced. In fact, last month the sinemet was increased
and she has felt an improvement. Her experience is that it does take 4-6
weeks before any drug change seems to kick in. However, reducing the sinemet
may be wrong for your mother. Our neurologist does not like to make more than
one drug change at a time i.e., not drop anything when he adds.

Good luck.