I just got home from our Houston Area Parkinson Society Board meeting.
I briefed the other board members on our progress in Washington and the
newest effort with the post cards  At my request we just received 3000
cards from Barbara Schirloff (the box weighed a ton) which I plan to
distribute at our symposium Saturday.

 I asked if any body had a problem with that and no one did. Then we
talked about the logistics of getting the cards distributed and
somebody asked how can we make sure that they actually get sent. At
that point another board member said I will pay for all the postage
($600). Then i said great but its 7pm Thusday night, i have to work
tomorrow and the symposium starts 9AM Saturday. Another board member
said no problem just hand out the cards have them signed and returned
during the meeting and worry about the postage later. Then the board
president entered into the conversation and said and I guarantee that
that will get taken care of even if I have to do it myself.

So during our symposium we will hand out the cards get them signed and
returned and then we will add the labels and postage. What a team.

And Barbara a check for $100 is being sent to you for your costs. I
wish it was more but great things happen a little at a time.

PS Several board members haave written several letters to Washington
and are not getting reply's. We need to keep up the pressure.  Thankyou
Joan Samuelson and Barbarbar Blake-kreb for your notes yesterday.