Hi There

My name is Joy Wetherbee from Fort Worth TX (plug for a great place).  I'm
the sister of Jim Kelley (Phoenix) who wrote you last night about our
parents who live in Mineral Wells.  Mom has PD; Dad has a colostomy (and
doing pretty well for almost 82).  He is her primary caregiver.  I'm also on
the CARE listserv for helping him.

Mom's biggest problem, as Jim wrote, are her hallucinations.  Outside of the
tremors, rigidity and slow walk of PD, that disease is taking a back seat.
The up-to-date status is that she is going to see another neurologist (one
of your submitter's suggestions) since the Mellaril, which she is no longer
taking after being on it for a week isn't working, even with increased
dosage.  She stopped the Sinemet and start Mellaril simultaneously.

Thank God her hallucinations appear thus far to be nonthreatening.  The
approximately 10 additional people living in her home are only there.  They
spent 4 days with us in FW over the 4th of July and she never saw one
'extra' person.

All of us, Mom, Dad, Jim and I and our other family members really
appreciate your input thus far and look forward to learning more.
Unfortunately, as in many other instances, support group info is a lot more
focused than a physician's.  Hopefully, what we learn from you will help and
in turn, we will be able to help someone else.

Joy