>I just called Sen. Kassenbaum's office and spoke to either a very snippy or
>perhaps uninformed aide who told me that Udall
>had been in the House and the Senator was in the Senate, and quizzed me on
>when the Udall bill was coming up, etc.  I felt like I was taking an
>examination.   She did ask me if I had a message for Sen. Kassenbaum as we
>finished talking.  There certainly seems to be either an unawareness or a
>lack of caring being displayed here.
>
>Elizabeth,
        No surprise to me at all.  Have called the labor commission twice in
the last two weeks--their comment(aide) is that there is no chance that the
Udall bill will get out of committee this session.  Even though Kennedy is
said to be "signed on" as a sponsor, Kassenbnaum seems to be in control of
the committee.
Apparently there are more popular issues that they would rather deal with.
( Read that " more vote getters" ore "more Republican bashing" issues that
they can bring out!) There's little room in the political world for us
romantic idealists!

                                        Best Regards,
                                        Don