UDALL BILL TELEPHONE CALLS TO WASHINGTON, D.C. ARE FREE BY DIALLING
1-800-962-3524.  You will get the Switchboard at the Capitol.

 Just ask the operator for the Sen. or  Rep. you want, and poof! you're
there!!!!! Ask them to Co-sponsor S684/HR 1462...

So USE YOUR PHONE NOW!  CALL 1-800-962-3524;  1-800-962-3524!!!!

I would suggest that a brief report on new co-sponsors be posted on our
digest list daily.  Jim Cordy's  weekly  list needs daily updating as we
approach the big Senate day, JULY 17.

Rep. REED RHODE ISLAND told my family he will co-sponsor. Has anyone called
him to check this out and confirm?  He is not yet on our digest list. Is he
or isn't he???

My friends from MISSISSIPPI are calling Sen. LOTT, the Senate Majority
Leader, when they are visiting me.  His  staff makes no commitments, but is
friendly.

Sen. CHAFEE of RHODE ISLAND's staff is NOT always cordial.  He is not
willing to co-sponsor, and they are sometimes irritable.

Sen. JEFFORD of VERMONT's legislative aide says he is working to convince
Sen. Kassenbaum (KANSAS) to join him in support of the bill.

No reply to calls to CONNECTICUT's Sen. LIEBERMAN, and to NEW HAMPSHIRE's
SEN. GREGG.

Reported by: Ivan Suzman, Portland, Maine 46, PD 9, ([log in to unmask])

The parsley has bolted intoo aromtic lemon-green flowerheads...