[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with the nutrition program called Biozone?  I
> have been told it is the rage in California, but I have not seen it before.
>  The program is a high energy program.  I have been told the Stanford swim
> team is on it.

You may be referring to "The Zone" by Barry Sears. It is a controversial
diet which receives an extremely high percentage of calories from
protein. The theory behind it flies in the face of current understanding
of metabolism and is considered by nutrition researchers to be highly
flawed.

In any case, due to its large quantities of protein, it would not be
advisable for those having "off" times.
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,