William L. Butch wrote:

> Has anyone had similar urinary retention problems?  If so please let me know
> and also what was done to correct them.
>
> Bill Butch
> Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.

Bill,

        My wife (58/6) has had them almost as long as she has had PD itself.
Her neurologists haven't been very interested in the matter, and her
urologist's best efforts were unsuccessful. So our solution is
intermittent catheterization, which we were shown how to perform by a
registered nurse.

        If this turns out to be your solution also, I think you'll find that it
is less of an inconvenience than you might think. If the bladder is not
emptied, you will develop a urinary tract infection which can be very
serious. In fact, before the advent of antibiotics, UTI was a leading
cause of death among Parkinsonians.

Best wishes,

Porter