Sydney Adams wrote:

> Getting medication
> to work.Falling over.
> Interests are-DIet.Exercise.Travel.Defeating the effects of the disease.

Dear Syd,
Though I don't have PD, I'm closely involved with our local PD support
group, thanks to the information I've gained from this listserv. I
am a registered dietitian, specializing in the health of older adults,
and via this work learned about the PD listserv. The support and
information here are inestimable.

I've been doing some work on the effects of protein interaction with
Sinemet. I also have software that will run drug-drug and food-drug
interactions, and advise on possible side effects. If you'd like to
consider whether protein is affecting Sinemet uptake, I'd be happy to
work with you. In any case I'd like of offer my personal welcome to the
list.

A note to all: I've now heard from 3 people who find that plant protein
does not have the inhibiting effects of animal protein, and will be
happy to pursue this further with anyone interested.
Best regards,
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,