Friends--not to "beat a dead horse", but I have to confess to some
confusion about the Sinemet/food connection.  We have had very persuasive
info from a number of people to the effect that Sinemet taken with food
loses much of its value by the time it gets out of the stomach. It sounds
so reasonable--then I notice that Peter's new RX bottle of Sin.CR 50/200
has a label shouting "TAKE WITH FOOD" !  So I called the pharmacist and
asked about it, telling him what I had learned here. His reply was that this
is the instruction from the manufacturer and the FDA requires them to so label
it.  He stated that the "package insert" is taken right from the PDR, which
is the info supplied by the manufacturer. He could not explain it further.
Now I wonder, are we correct in believing there's a problem, and that we need
to wait 30-60 min. after taking it before eating? Is there something about
the CR form that makes a difference in this way?  (He could not find ANY
info in the PDR about regular Sin. and food, only the CR form.) We would very
much appreciate    clarification on this issue, which is something Peter
and others have to decide about many times a day! Thanks for any help you
can give.(We did discuss the need for food if one is nauseated.)
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7Oxford,OH