At 11:46 PM 08-07-96 -0400, you wrote:
>P.S.--I should have added that thepharmacist quoted from the PDR that
> uptake(absorption) of Sin.CR is 25%-50% IMPROVED when taken with food.
>Curiouser and curiouser!
>Camilla
>
>Dear Camilla,
Thank you for your welcome.  My neurologist told me that the slow release
preparations are not hindered by food intack as opposed to the regular
l/dopa preparations.  I have myself tested this theory by using only slow
release if we are having a evening out at a restaurant.  Previously when
taking normal release l/dopa the continued intake of food played havoc with
my medication with the result that I spent the time after my pre-dinner
medication had worn off shaking.  By using the slow release during the
course of the evening I definately am in a much improved state.
Mary Thompson [log in to unmask]