I've been lurking for a long time now and am following the diet/proteins/amino
acids/Ldopa/Sinemet CR discussions with intense interest.  I agree with Ron
Vetter that we need a monograph on this subject because we are the only ones
affected and interested in such detail.

Let me share with you the story of Eloise's brain to date since this is why I
have been out of the loop for so long.

My beloved of 48+ years suffered a brain bleed on June 23, 1995.  The hematoma
was of significant size and formed a cast in her fourth ventricle.  By
Christmas, we had worked the problem back to the point where she had no apparent
loss except for imbalance/vertigo/dizziness/you-name-it such that she could walk
unsteadily with a dragging cane. Her vision was changed and a stronger
correction was required for her near vision.

In January events took a turn for the worse and the imbalance returned with a
vengeance.  The neurosurgeon sent us to a medical neurologist who sent us to an
imbalance neurologist with specialization in inner ear mechanisms.  Meanwhile I
learned to use the altavista search engine (www.altavista.digital.com) and used
keywords -- vertigo; vestibular dysfunction; hemosiderin; epley manuever;
canaliths.
...Eloise also had a new MRI set.

Our problems are not yet solved but I bring this all to you to pass on my
conclusions to date:

1.)The Transitions lens material apparently has index of refraction limits that
can give you a blur zone between near and distant vision when you have a strong
near vision correction.  This contributes to imbalance when you are looking down
the stairs.

2.)We all have calcium carbonate rocks in our heads in our inner ears.  With age
and head trauma these can be shifted to locations where they send erroneous
signals regarding our head position and velocity.

3.)Hematomas can leave insoluble iron salts in the fourth ventricle.  Optical,
auditory and lotsa other nerves are rooted in this ventricle as they head for
our CPU.  A 6mm bead can shift around and have differing effects on these
nerves.

4.)Our CPU can rewire around many of our brain circuitry defects.

5.)Time and infinite patience are required.

Given the permutations and combinations of optical, auditory, tactile,
vestibular and ventricular signal errors that can cause imbalance -- what are
the odds that any single diagnosis and prognosis can be given.

Parkies who lose their balance can look to these factors in themselves in
addition to neurotransmitter imbalance ?-- no wonder that we tend to become
introspective, perceptive and sensitive -- God bless us all.

PAX

Pat Martin 70,10 <[log in to unmask]>
Fax:408-297-3415
Phone:408-286-3967