Dear Ms Dalby:
        I can hardly appreciate the pain you and your mother have had
because of the toxic efects of Risperidone (Risperdal). You will have to
keep close watch on your mother's physicians; that they must not give her
this drug. The fact that she is not responding to Sinemet is no excuse to
mindlessly substitute another toxic antiparkinson agent.Risperidone is one
of the most toxic of antiPD agents. It produces deep sedation,
extrapyramidal efects (that may be irreversible) and hypotension. I know
what this is like , when a few months ago I had one day's treatment with
Risperidone. It turned me into a zombie, made me stiff as a board, so that I
could not get out of bed, for which low blood pressure was also responsible.
        I'm sorry not to report anything that might be positive; I can only
give you my sympathy.
        Steven Mayer   [[log in to unmask]
Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.