>The subject question came up at our Support Group meeting last night.  Most
>of us present were of the opinion that there was no generic available.
>However, a new member had an article which said: "However, there are a few
>medications which may alter the action of Sinemet or its generic
>carbidopa-levodpa."  I was of the opinion that carbidopa-levodpa was the
>name of the ingredients in Sinemet, not its generic.  Can someone set us
>straight?
>

>Athel Tanner
>804 S. Duncan St.
>Marion, IL  62959
>Phone: (618)993-8262
>
>ATHEL,
        There is indeed a generic Sinimet.  My wife has been using it without
any problems for almost two years.  Here in Texas it costs about 50% of the
original.  It is "Carbidopa and Levidopa"  made by Lemon Pharmaceutical.
Hopethis is of use to you.  I am dissappointed that anyone taking Sinemet
has not been made aware of this generic by their pharmacist!  Your
pharmacist should your first line of information re: medication of any kind.
I talk to my
wdifes pharmacist no less than once a week about something.

                                Hope this helps!

                                Don Summers