There's a good article by David Perlman, the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE SCIENCE
EDITOR in today's paper about Dr. Oliver Sacks who, among other things, spent
a year as a research assistant on the Parkinsonism unit at Mount Zion Hospial
in San Francisco.  Here's a quote near the end of the article:  "...you may
see scores of people...who have Parkinsonism...and you get a feeling of
horror and tragedy and the smashing of lives...Now some people come, and they
can't bear to visit my hospital.  They run out on day one..."

Has Senator Kassenbaum any close-up experience with our illnesss?  Wouldn't
it be nice if she could talk to Dr. Sacks!
According to the article, he's presently Clinical Professor of neurology,
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York.

                   Pray for a miracle!!!

                                       Liz S.