At 12:10 PM 18-07-96 -0400, you wrote:
>I was diagnosed with Parkinsons about 2 years ago and have been doing pretty
>well on the medication until recently.  About 6 mos. ago I started having
>difficulty driving, keeping the car in the lane and it's hard for me to judge
>how fast I am going as I can't feel the amount of pressure ofmy foot on the
>gas and break pedals.  For about 2-3 hours after I take the medication I feel
>depressed and dizzy.  I'm taking Sinemet, Elderyl and Paxel and Amantadine.
> My neurologist is sending me to another who specializes in Parkinsons for
>re-evaluation.  In the meantime I'm off all medication exept Paxel.  Has
>anyone had a similar experience.  Jerry Caselli ([log in to unmask]).

Jerry,
I can't comment on the dizzy-ness and depresssion after medication, but
about 18months ago I was seriously considering giving up driving for the
reasons you describe when I fortunately went to a Living with P.D. workshop
and was given the following advice about driving. Eliminate all distractions
when driving.  This includes switching of the car radio, and if there are
passengers asking them not to talk to you.(easier said that done)  Just
before you drive off, quietly go over the route in your mind.  Even if you
have done the trip a hundred times before. >Hard to believe something so
simple could make such a difference, but it worked for me.  Am driving more
confidently and arriving at my destination not streesed out.  Hope it works
as well for you.
Mary Thompson [log in to unmask]