Dear Camilla:

I want to make sure that you do not feel that I was being loud and obnoxious
about the reauthorization v. revitalization difference in my earlier post.
When I saw the printed result, I felt I needed to clarify/amplify.
This is as good a time as ever to thank you for your vigilant, warm,
knowledgable presence. You are always ready to welcome new comers and offer
friendship to those of us who have been around, up & down & down the PD
roller-coaster ride. Infact, your post made me look up the source and now I
understand the difference. Thank you.

>From Thomas' government website-- http://thomas.loc.gov/

THE NIH REAUTHORIZATION ACT OF 1996

STATEMENTS ON INTRODUCED BILLS AND JOINT RESOLUTIONS (Senate - June 21,
1996)

Mrs. KASSEBAUM: " Mr. President, I rise today to introduce legislation which
supports the important work of the National Institutes of Health. This bill,
the National Institutes of Health Revitalization Act of 1996, will
reauthorize the ongoing work of this outstanding Federal research
institution. .........

In conclusion, Mr. President, reauthorization of the important work of the
National Institutes of Health represents for the American people an
investment beyond compare or valuation. I am pleased to welcome Senators
Kennedy, Jeffords, Pell, and Hatfield as original cosponsors of this
legislation. I urge my colleagues to support the adoption of the National
Institutes of Health Revitalization Act of 1996."

Regards,
Margaret Tuchman(54,dx 1980)