> From: Barbara Quackenbush <[log in to unmask]>
> Attn:  Porter Humphrey
>
> My husband Nelson is 74 and was diagnosed with PD six years ago.  He
went
> through several changes in medication over the years, adding some,
dropping
> some, and is currently using Sinemet, Sinemet CR, Klonopin l hr. before
> dinner, Valium before lunch and at bedtime, and Vitamin C.  He uses a
> morphine patch as well as liquid morphine as needed.
>
> He is virtually paralyzed by his rigidity, forms his speech with great
> difficulty and his voice is too soft to hear.  He can no longer walk

THE FOLLOWING IS A QUOTE FROM ANOTHER CONTRIBUTOR.

-
I am not surprised that the morphine was thought to be a no-no, as we have
been
told that opiates are bad for PD,due to their  competing with the
levadopa.
Perhaps when you see the neuro again can you ask her if this is true in
general
in her experience?  This was advice we were given by a pharmacist at the
time
 of Peter's post-op problem with Oxycodone.
I do hope that things have taken a turn for the better--keep in touch.
CAmilla Flintermann, CG for Peter,78/7,Oxford,OH

May be of some help.

Jim