DRUG WARNING:  "Tegretol" is the drug, and the generic name is
              Carbamazepine

After a week of having excrutiating pain along one rib, from back to front,
and going thru alll sorts of medical tests, it was decided by a team of MD's
at Kaiser (two internists and a neurologist) that I had "ideopathic
neuropathy."  In other words, pain in some nerves with cause unknown.

A drug frequently used in the treatment if epilepsy was prescribed to "quiet"
the nerves.  The prescibed dosage was 1 tablet the first and second day, 2
tablets the third and fourth day, and 3 tablets per day from the fifth day on.

By the end of the fourth day, I was feeling very strange and uncomfortable.
By the end of the fifth day, I suffered more Parkinson's symptoms then I'm had
in 20 years of living with the disease, plus some miserable additional
symptoms.
It's been four days since I've been off this drug, and some of the negative,
drug-induced symptoms still remain.

BTW... on day six I started 800 mg a day of Motrin, the pain and the apparent
inflamation is going away.

Barb Mallut,