From:   "Porter Humphrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Shy Drager Info?
Date:   Thu, 18 Jul 1996 23:27:09 -0400

Susan,=20

        Two days ago my wife Johanna (58/6) was diagnosed with Multi-System =
Atrophy. My Internet research indicates that MSA and Shy-Drager are (by =
some) considered to be the same disease.

        I have found a list server that supposedly deals with this:=20

In the body of the message write:        subscribe Shy-Drager

        It is not nearly as active as the PD group, however. I posted a "new =
member" introductory message yesterday, but have received no mail at =
all. Of course fewer people are affected with this disease.

        I've unsubscribed from the PD list since I now have a more specific =
name for my wife's condition. But it would be interesting to hear from =
you. I hope we can both learn something from the Vanderbilt group.

Porter Humphrey
Bethesda, Maryland