July 13, 1996

Today the NPF together with the Houston Area Parkinson Society
sponsored an educational  symposium. I estimate 200-250 attended. I
spoke for about 10 minutes on the Udall Bill and requested the post
cards be signed and returned.  We received over 600 cards back which we
will mail out on Tuesday to the FAB FED FIVE (Kassebaum, Lott, Gingrich,
Bilirakis, and Bliley).  Another  1000 cards were taken and will be
used in local support group meetings where mass signings are being
planned.

There was one follow-up item that I would like some input on from the
list members who are from Kansas or have been working with Senator
Kassebaum. I will be following up next week on this lead. A man in the
audience came up to me after my  presentation. Either he or his wife
has PD, I can't rember which. He told me his son-in-law Dean Rosen is
on the senator's health staff and that he would call him to discuss
this entire matter with him. My question is has any one come into
contact with Dean Rosen? If so is he in Washington or Kansas? I would
think we may have a new ally which i will start to work with ASAP.

To Barbara Schirloff: Dupont Pharma was at the meeting and their local
representative said she wants 4000 cards which she was sure the Dupont
team could get signed. I will forward her name address and phone number
to you separately.