     A book titled, Primer on the Autonomic Nervous System, (1996) has an
     excellent description of MSA in the text and appendix.  The book is
     published by Academic Press, Inc. and the editors are Drs. David
     Robertson, Phillip A. Low, and Ronald J. Polinsky.

Subject: Multiple System Atrophy - PD
Author:  "PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network"
<[log in to unmask]> at +inet
Date:    7/18/96 9:23 PM

Hi Folks:

I was diagnosed with PD about a year ago.  I went to my neuro today for the
first time in 6 months and after the normal evaluation he suggested that I
might have an uncommon form of PD qualified with the nomer: Multiple System
Atrophy (MSA).  This is the first that I heard of it.  He suggested that it
might explain my dizziness, nausea, calcium deposits around my joints, weird
pains in my upper arms.  He is sending me for a vestibular function test to
rule out other possibilities.

Has anyone else ever heard of PD MSA?  Certainly, I'm not the first in our
little circle with the honor.

        Ron Reiner ([log in to unmask])