just watched my husband change from a fairly normally functioning man
into one who is shaking violently and quickly becomming immobile. Why?
He was trying to settle a thorny problem with a health provider on the
phone. We have learned to try for maximum tranquillity in our lives
these days. I believe the reason for this is the way the body utilizes
dopamine.

The normal source of dopamine is the amino acid, Tyrosine. Dopamine, in
addition to its function as a neurotransmitter, is the source of
adrenaline in the human body. One dopamine pathway is to produce
norepinephrine, which is, in turn, converted to epinephrine -- or
adrenalin. It is no wonder that those with limited dopamine available
cannot tolerate stress, for it seems the "fight or flight" response
competes with the neurotransmitter function.

In another pathway, dopamine is the source of melanin in the body. This
has made me wary about taking any of those related melatonin products
without more information.

We do enjoy reading your messages, Jim.

Martha Rohrer  [log in to unmask]