Hi, this is my third attempt to send a message, so if any others got through
I apologize.

My husband is 32 years old.  He has been diagnosed for 4 years with
symptomatic PD for 14 years.  We were able to trace his PD back to episodes
of carbon monoxide poisoning at a garage he worked at as a teenager.  They
had poor ventilation and his doctor feels that b/c of this and the amount of
time spent there . . . and here we are today.

Our situation may be different from most our there, or maybe not.  We have
two small children, boy 3 1/2 and a girl 2.  Kevin is able to function very
well, this diagnosis actually gave him back his life.  Some feel we are under
a lot of stress and "isn't it a shame, he's so young" - but before being
diagnosed he had stooped posture, trouble walking normally, tremors,
Parkinsonian mask and other subtleties (sp) of PD.  Since the diagnosis he
has been able to go back to playing sports, we can go walking now, and we can
share many more activities than ever before (most of the time has more energy
than ME!!).  So far we have not looked at this as a tragedy, in a way it is a
blessing.  Some times you need a wake up call and this was ours.  If he had
not been diagnosed it would be very difficult with the kids.  He does have
some bad days and minor set backs but we try and not let those get us down
for very long.

I guess what I am looking for is if there is anyone else out there in a
similar situation or others who have any advice or just want to chat.  We
live in MA if that helps.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Denise  :-)       We can be reached at:  [log in to unmask]