My sister is having lots of problems with her husband, Don.  She works a
full day and comes home to find that he has done nothing except for eat
cherris and watched T.V.  He does not seem to be able to follow simple
directions.  He can't even remember to take his meds so, as a result he
becomes very stiff.  She gets angry after a full day and becomes very
emotional.  What can I do to help her?  I think that we should hire a high
school student to be with him every day to get him ready for the day and to
make sure that he does what he is suppose to do.  Is there anything like an
adult  "day program" for PD in the Boston area.  I'm alsmost williong to
talk to his dr. & suggest this to him.  His doctor is just treating him
with meds.  There needs to ne more to treat the whole diagnosis including
the entire being and the family.

Is this such an unusual question?  His neurologist tels his Primary care
dr. that he is doing fine.  His psychologist can't understand why there is
such a lack of communication.  The therapist is writing a letter to the
both doctors to fill them in between the lines.

Don seems to do better when there are people around, like on the weekends.
During the week, when he is alone, he is a basket case.  He is also still
driving.  My feelings are that he should not be.  What do you all think?

Unfortunately, I just signed off the list serv for a while, so could you
send responses to me at my email at "[log in to unmask]".  My sister is really
hurting emotionally and doesn't know what to do.  She cries to me everyday
and needs help.  I need help from all of you.  Thanks so much for listening
and for your continued support.

Evie Barkin