-- [ From: Donna Kipp * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Please let my experience be a lesson to you all. I was diagnosed with
PD in 86 and worked part time until 91. I never ever considered going
on disability. Why should I my husband  made a  good salary and I would
not consider "bilking" the system. Well things have changed I am in the
middle of a divorce which will end my health insurance so I applied for
disability.l I was turned down and find myself in the unfortunate
circumstance of trying to prove I was disabled in 1993 (the last time I
was covered  by insurance. This is going to be difficult, costly and
will probably take 2 years. To add insult to inury my Dr. has little
mention of my symptoms because I now quote him, I tend to minimize
them. The upshot of this is that being a "good girl" has NOT served me
well. Donna