>DRUG WARNING:  "Tegretol" is the drug, and the generic name is
>              Carbamazepine
>

>Barb Mallut,

I know exactly what you mean Barbara, except-before my symptoms developed
completely,
I had BAD night seizures--seen only by myself & DH.  So my neurologist
started me on Tergretol
since my MRI had shown a benign tumor in the splenium of the corpus
callosum.  Lucky for me
he started me on 1/2 tablet per day & increased it every 3 days.  In 2.5
weeks I was walking on
my tip-toes, retaining urine for up to 16 hours and couldn't get out of bed
by the next day.  Later my
skin peeled off!!  Needless to say I never took Tegretol again, and later
found out the benign tumor had
NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE SEIZURES!!!!!

Blessings to all,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
just another librarain
Internet Communications of America, Inc.