> From: Fred Elbel <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Resources, web sites, etc
> I just found this group and subscribed.  Sorry about taking up time and
> bandwidth, but I noted Jim (below) referenced a web site.  I have found
no
> newsgroups, websites, etc.  on Parkinson's.  Anyone with info - I would
> appreciate a post (or email or both).

Fred,
Start with

http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/PDmain.html

This is an excellent site, and is professionally monitored so as to avoid
misinformation.
It also has many links to other sites.

Did you see the letter from Jeff Jones hereabouts, which listed several
interesting sites?

Also try

http://www.cf.ac.uk/uwcm/pr/medliz.html

for a listing of medically related sites.

The American Pharmacological Guild (???) has a database of *all*
medications on the market, listed by both generic and trade names.  There
are also sites that carry articles, such as the New England Journal of
Medicine.

Lastly, try querying the Alta Vista search-engine at

http://www.altavista.digital.com

and searching for "Parkinso"  (without the quotes).  This is because you
want to turn up various items, including Parkinsons, Parkinson's,
Parkinsonism, etc.

Good hunting

Jim