> From: Medora Walters <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: HALLUCINATION X PARKINSON fwd)
> I too have bouts of smelling odors that aren't there.  I had a hard time
> describing it,  sweet but unpleasant is about it.  I thought that I was
> smelling the Sinnemet.  It seems like when I am doing really good with
my
> medicine (no nausea or vomiting) I dont smell the odor very much if at
all.
> On my bad days, it stays with me all of the time.
> Has this happened to anyone else?

Yup, that about covers it.

> or am I weird.

No more than the rest of us.  :-)

<I am not sure what
> olfactory hallucinations mean, if anyone can explain I would appreciate
it.

Sorry for the $10 words.  Basically, smelling something that just ain't
there.  It seems little wonder to me, that having a brain disorder which
affects, among other things, a section of the brain through which all our
external senses pass, and doctoring ourselves with brain-altering
substances, that *anyone* could doubt that we occasionally experience
phantoms of the senses.  But they do.

Jim