Hello.  My name is Wendy Henry.  My mother, who is 77 now, was diagnosed 3
years ago with Parkinson's.  When she was first diagnosed, all she had were
some tremors and weakness in her legs.  Now, just 3 short years later, she is
in a personal care home and cannot walk.  She can barely speak, although her
mind is sharp, and she is barely able to feed herself.  We live in a small
town, and her doctor is a gen. pract., not a neurologist (probably our first
mistake).  The medications my mom is taking are - eldepryl, symmetrel and
amantadine.  Is there something out there that we could try to give her some
more strength?  Also, is it common for the disease to move so quickly?  I'd
appreciate any information that could help my mother.  Thank you!

Wendy Henry