Hello Syd,
Re Falling, I find that walking must never be taken for granted;  by that I
mean we parkies have passed the time when we could step off with confidence
with a lean forward of our bodies, and the certain knowledge that our feet
would sort out the rest for us. NOT SO ANY LONGER. We must  now go through
all sorts of machinations to get started safely.
        I use a range of tricks. These include :
             Throwing a scrunched up tissue in front of me and stepping over
it, keeping in mind that I am not going to stop for anything once started.
Stopping is really the problem; I stop for a variety of reasons, none of
which includes my wanting to!!/The second part of the problem is that I
won't automatically start  walking again, and that is the nub of the
problem; something to do with transferring what used to be an involuntary
function of the brain(automatic) to a user initiated(manual, as in a gear
shift)action.  I now must concentrate on every step.  I also carry with me a
piece of string which has a cork attached to one end(much to the amusement
of  the local school kids) I use this to  give me the rythym. and I also
keep a slow beat  going in my head. I also practise making up my mind that I
am going to walk right up to an "obstacle" like a doorway, wall,chair wash
basin, toilet(perhaps the hardest of all when you really need to go, and PD
makes sure that you get the urge strongly right at that time!!!)
        Having said all that, I'm not at the stage where these measures work
every time, or work easily; my experience is that it takes a great deal of
concentration and deliberate relaxation to produce even one step, but if I
can step off with that vital first step I will probably keep going if I can
keep that slow beat going in my mind.
        The foregoing is an outline of my personal experience and it may be
helpful to you in deciding your own course of action. I hope that it helps
you avoiding further falls.

Regards,  Philip Dunn
Firstname Lastname    Philip Dunn NORTON PC ANYWHERE FOR DIRECT CONTACT.
EMAIL THE TIME TO CONNECT. [log in to unmask]
Telephone number and any other information you wish to add
---