I'm a new subscriber to this wonderful source of PD information.

My husband, John,  is 54 and was diagnosed with PD last October.  His
symptoms are softened speech and right hand rigidity.  He is taking sinemet
and eldepryl. His mother was diagnosed with PD in the early 1950s and died in
1985.

We don't know what is in store for us.  We know it is always progressive, but
of course, cannot predict how fast it might progress.  Right now life is
normal.  Work and leisure life are unaffected.  We have called for the Udall
postcards and will distribute them to family and friends.  The initial shock
is gone, and we are eager to gather information and insight from those who
live facing the obstacles head on, tempering optimism with reality.  Thanks
for sharing your stories.

Linda Manders and John Tschida