Janet and Everyone:

I recall that Muhammad Ali was an important contributor to the October 15,
1995 Parkinson Unity Walk.  While he was unable physically to be present, he
sent a wonderful message that appears in the flyer for the walk. I will try
to scan the message in and post it. Or, I will peck with my 'fantastic'
typing ability and post it that way. Possibly Ken Aidekman, who was
instrumental in organizing the walk, will have some thoughts or suggestions
on how to best approach Ali. I also recall a great many posts about Ali and
the subject of PD at the time of the walk.  Janet,  please crank up your
time-machine and check your files (or is it easier to search the archives?).

I recall being very impressed with Mrs. Ali; she was warm and supportive and
had a good sense of humour. I think that honoring The Caregiver would be a
good addition to the "scrap book".

>Date:          Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:06:23 -0400
>From:  Janet Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender:        "PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network"
>To:    Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:       Re: How about sending this to Muhammed Ali?
>
>Sherri;
>
>>As I've read this thread, I've been thinking that Muhammed Ali might
>>want to see this discussion.  Would someone be interested in
>>collecting this thread along with other notes listmembers would like
>>to write him and send the whole packet his way?
>
>I think your idea is a fine one. His courage and the light in his eyes
>that was so evident in the 60 Minutes segment touched me deeply.
>
>I would consider it an honour to be able to convey our incredible
>group's thoughts and feelings to him.
>
>I have kept most list messages going back to January 1995 on my own
>computer, so I could easily do a search for all references to him.
>
>Any other thoughts from the group?
>

>Janet

Margaret Tuchman (54, dx 1980)

"Service is love made visible.  Generosity is caring made active.
Friendship is trust made manifest." - William Arthur Ward