you wrote:

>I would like to send an e-mail
>to NBC Sports and let them know there is a bill pending a
>hearing in Congress to find a cure or effective treatment
>of Parkinson's. Perhaps they would mention it on
>international TV.

>Does any one have any ideas about how to phrase such a
>letter and how to find NBC Sports E-mail address. Perhaps
>if they received hundreds of such letters we could get
>some publicity for the Udall Bill.
>
>Bob Chapman

 <---- snip ---->

Good day,

        NBC has a web page from which you may eMail them your opinions about
any number of programs, including sports.  The URL for the web page is:

        http://www.nbc.com/mail.html

        If you don't have a web browser or access to the public Internet,
the specific eMail address for NBC Sports is:

        I would word a message as follows:

Dear Sirs:

        I have watched Mohammed Ali's career for years and am familiar with
the ups and downs he's experienced.  I was especially touched by the courage
this great sports figure demonstrated as he stood before many thousands to
light the Olympic Flame.  In my view, Mohammed Ali is still competing but
it's the progressive, neurological disease, Parkinson's against which he's
competing.  I think that there is a very touching story here that would
appeal to, not only the American people, but the world.

        It would be *extremely* beneficial to mention the NIH Revitalization
Bill before congress, which has funds earmarked for research into this
debilitating disease, to provide a thread of hope folks can grasp on to.
For all those who were touched by the courage Mohammed Ali displayed, there
is a way to help him and the thousands of others by urging the passage of
this bill.  As the Olympics proceed, it would be very helpful if, as
announcers reference the starting ceremonies, they would mention this bill
and the hope it holds for so many.

Thank you,
Jeff Jones

        The above message is the one I sent to NBC Sports.  Maybe it will help.

Jeff part time CG for Becky, 50/15, Seattle, WA