Good day all,

<---- snip ---->

>I know the generic is SUPPOSEDLY made up of exactly the same componants as
>the brand name drug,  however, after having been on the brand name product
>for a coupla years, I then became a member of an HMO (shuddering)
>, they would ONLY give me a generic Sinemet.  There were many
>side effects from it which I hadn't had from the brand name product.  When I
>returned to to the brand name, there were no further or additional side
>effects.
>
>Two years later, after joining Kaiser Permanente (have been pleased with 'em
>after being a member for over one year now), I was given
>a different-than-the-former-generic Sinemet, and had no problems with it.
>
>However, after a year on that brand, they switched generics on me, and WOWIE!!
> The darn thing knocked me out!  It made me SOOO sleepy that I actually fell
>asleep right in the middle of a conversation, while sitting up!!!! (blush)
>Boy, was I embarrassed!
>
>Kaiser's pharmacy swears the generics are all alike, but I go by what my own
>body tells me, and it's telling me Kaiser's wrong.

<---- snip again ---->

It's my understanding that the formula or the active ingredient of both the
primary and the generic medication is the same.  The problem is the other
ingredients or fillers that are different.  It's these other ingredients
that can cause disappointments.

Jeff Jones part time CG for Becky, 50/15, Seattle WA