Hi All;

I've collected a thread of 26 messages in regard to Muhammad Ali and
the Olympics, over the past five days. Since we've been given an
e-mail address for him, I thought I would send the entire thread as
one big message directly to 'the Champ' via the internet.

I've done quite a bit of digging, and haven't been able to find any
messages posted to the list after Ali's appearance on 60 Minutes. Am I
missing something here? I even downloaded the original logfiles from
our archives, and still came up with nothing, other than a couple of
messages advising everyone of the upcoming program [I believe it aired
in mid March].

The perennial cyber-sleuth, I found some quotes from Muhammad Ali on
the WWW that I thought you would all enjoy.

Last call for input: I expect that I'll be sending the 'big' message
to the 'bad' man over the weekend.

Margaret Tuchman, if it's okay with you, I'd like to quote some of
your message of July 21st, where you describe this 'extended family'
so eloquently.  [Thanks, Mom! -> Barb P.!!!!]

Janet

Quotes

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

"I'm a baaaadd man!!"

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand.
I just beat people up."

"The man who has no imagination has no wings."

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20
has wasted 30 years of his life."

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room
here on earth."

Poem

MUHAMMAD ALI, Boxer, 5/15/74, New York, N.Y.

     This is the legend of Muhammad Ali,
     The most popular fighter that ever will be;
     He talks a great deal and brags indeed
     Of a powerful punch and blinding speed;

     The fistic world is dull and weary
     With a champ like Foreman, things got to be dreary!
     Now someone with color, someone with dash,
     He brings fight fans a-running with cash,

     This brash boxer is someone to see;
     The heavyweight championship is his destiny;
     Ali fights great; he's got speed and endurance;
     If you sign to fight him, increase your insurance!