To Ken,

I don't think David was at that late dinner in the hotel in 94.  If you are
referring to the one I think you are.  I was there and Rita Weeks and Will
Johnston and others.  I do not expressly recall talking about suicide, but
the subject of quality of life may have been discussed.   I think most PWP
feel that the indignity this disease can do to some sufferers exceeds an
acceptable quality of life.  Should I ever reach that point, I hope they will
honor my wishes and allow me to die in dignity.

On the otherhand, by having things to do, places to go and people to see, I
find my day is much better than those days with nothing planned.  Keeping
busy with what ever is important is the best way of keeping the quality of
life as high as possible.

Ken, It is interesting that you should remember that particular late evening
meal and subject.  (I just had a member of my support group die of "sudden
death" and I thought it was suicide.  She was 54 years old and had had PD for
12 years.)  When I look back at that evening I remember Rita presenting her
poem along with good food and good friends.   I think I sat across the table
from you.

Regards,
Alan Bonander 56/12 ([log in to unmask])