On July 29 Martin Bayne  46/2, quoted:
>"One of America's great financial shell games is played, unseen, in the
>offices >of lawyers and accountants who counsel the elderly. One minute
>you see a pile >of money. Zip, zip, zip, the next minute it's gone." -
>Jane Bryant Quinn
>"I am offended by wealthy individuals with the aid of lawyers taking
>advantage of the Medicaid program for the poor to finance the
>transmission of wealth to their heirs at federal and state taxpayer
>expense" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA)

-----------------------------------end----------------------

One of American's great financial shell games is certainly played unseen in
the offices of lawyers and accountants, but not for the benefit of the
elderly or the chronically ill. Is there anyone on this list who writes off
his/her Lear jet as a business expense? Is there anyone who can afford to
attend a
$20,000-a-plate fund raising dinner so your congressman will answer your calls?

This country(the US)spends enough on useless weapons systems to provide
complete medical care for every man woman and child, and if Rep. Waxman is
concerned about the federal and state taxpayers he might address that issue
instead of setting his sights on easy targets.

Martin, I'm sorry. This is kind of a rant. I don't think wealthy
individuals should be able to escape their share of the tax burden, but
wealthy individuals have been doing just that since the tax code was first
written. And to single out the chronically ill and ignore all the other
waste and corruption is more than I can take.

Pete Morgan