Dear BB--

We definitely need a mascot:  I suggest the Cheshire cat (of only his smile

was still showing as he faded away) because I just read a clinical finding

for 'Parkinsonism' (now known in some circles as 'Parkinpurr') is "smiling

spreads and disappears slowly."  (p.577, "Current Medical Diagnosis &

Treatment" by Marcus A. Krupp and Milton J. Chatton (1977).

I feel that we should retain at least remnants of old Dr. John Parkinson's

name; doesn't he deserve credit for differentiating us?  It 's unfair that

Huntington, Stokes-Adam, Homans, Hunter, Hurler, Hutchinson, Fabry,

Fanconi, Felty, and a host of others should keep their diseases and

syndromes.  Poor old Dr. Parkinson  is probably wondering "Why me?"

                                            Best, from one with a "slowly
fading smile,"

                                                                       Liz S.