Debbie writes:

>Subject:       comments before, after pall
>I am now wishing that i had kept all of Joyce's notes and many of those
>from other people surrounding the pallidotomy. If anyone has these
>collected i would love to be able to read them all again and share them
>with my parents, as my mom may be considering surgery soon.
>Also, anyone else who has had the surgery.....anyone who has collected
>notes on it....

This is an excellent example of an opportunity we have to collect, analyze
and disseminate information. I did begin keeping a record of the surgeries
and will post the names.  I am sure that my list is far from complete, but
at least the information could be looked up in the archives. Many times I
have thought of using Don Berns' excellent format of pre and post surgery
evaluation of condition, and ask people to complete it.  Would people who
had surgery be willing to complete a questionnaire?

A related issue is the concern about people's ability to receive long posts
(older equipment, having to pay for down-loading time, lack of interest,
etc.). One way of making info available is to break up long messages into
segments, another way is to 'attach'. I am not sure that everyone has the
capability of opening attached files? Or, has problems with decoding -- I
know, I do! Perhaps John Cottingham or John Walker could run a short
work-shop on the subject? Any other thoughts?
Regards,
Margaret Tuchman

The names of those who had or were scheduled to have surgery:

ARIEN, GEERT <  [log in to unmask]>                 PS      1/26/96
BELLMAN, DEBORAH <[log in to unmask]   P   MOTH 4/96 CONSULT
BERMAN, William <[log in to unmask]   P          7/95
BERNS,  Don Berns <[log in to unmask]  P BILAT -1993
Bob <[log in to unmask]                   P                       scheduled 6/96
BONANDER    [log in to unmask]            P                       5/93
BOOTS, David <[log in to unmask]                P       BI                    &6/96
BROPHY,Patrick Brophy <[log in to unmask]   T  WIFE AFTER 4/7
COLLIE, Deane <[log in to unmask]              P       FATHER          5/11/96
CONNELL, Don <[log in to unmask]                   P                       2/29/96
[log in to unmask]                        P       Dave                    4/94
DEVOR, David S. Devor [log in to unmask]            P       WIFE      1995
DUNGAN, Claude  ([log in to unmask])   CONSIDERING 6/3/96
DUNN, Philip Dunn <[log in to unmask]            P&T             7/94&9/94
GARCIA,  Renee Garcia <[log in to unmask]>      P       FATHER  4/96
GARNER, Jennifer<[log in to unmask] P       FA              11/95
GRAHAM, BRADY <[log in to unmask]                    P       FA - BILAT
GRAHECK, Anne  <[log in to unmask]>              P       FA-             1/96
HAMBURGER,S<[log in to unmask]                   P       HUSB            2/96
HOLLIDAY,Mike <[log in to unmask]>          P       MO              3/18/96
KING, Nina" <[log in to unmask]         P                       11/95
LUSSIER, George Lussier[glussier@ ultranet.com] P       8/95
MALLUT, Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]                P       10/24/94
MARITONE  [log in to unmask]           P-BI    WIFE            5/95&7/95
MORELAND, David Moreland <[log in to unmask]>  P       8/21/95
MORGAN  [log in to unmask]                     P       WIFE            12/15/95
MCNEILL, Bev S  <[log in to unmask]     DBS     HUSB    CONSIDERING
NELSON, [log in to unmask]                      P                       2/27/96
PAAP, KEES                                              TS
RAIKOW, Robert <[log in to unmask]>         SCHEDULED                8/96
ROTH, OSCAR - from Oscar Roth in Kansas City    P        3/26/96
RUBINSON, Mort <[log in to unmask]   P     Right 7/94 & Left 8/95
SCHROEDER, Erv [log in to unmask]          P                    1/96
SEESE, gordon seese <[log in to unmask]>T  X 3      11/94 & 2/95 & 3/96
SEMANKO, JOS  [log in to unmask]    P                       4/18/96
SPARKS, Nancy <[log in to unmask]>         P                       8/96
STOKES, Jim    jupiterjim@aol                   P                       5/30/96
SLAUGHTER,Ricky  <[log in to unmask]              P       BRO             AFTER  4/28
TAMES. JOYCE   [log in to unmask]          P                       5/96