In a caregiver workshop we were taught to "validate"
the person who is hallucinating.

This means not to look under the bed and say "there is no one there,
but to ask questions about the one he/she percevies to be under the
bed. Is it a man or woman, girl or boy. What does he sound like, look
like.  To the patient there is a real fear. Comfort him. Tell him you
will stay with him. Respond to the emotion.

My mother sees a little girl. Perhaps it's on of us children that she
perceives from our childhood or a grand child.  It's understandable
that a mother would experience children since they have spent much
of their lives caring for them.

Validation is the answer. Does anyone else know more about this
process?

Carol Brow
Lake Leelanau, Michigan