Hello,

I'd like to add myself to the mailing list, although I already belong to
the network.  My brother-in-law (Don) is 59 is was diagnosed with PD 8 yrs
ago.  He has been working as a professorat a university in Boston for 27
years.  In January, he had to give up work cause his voice was very soft
and he was having problems.  Now he has gone down hill very fast, has major
behavioral changes, is very depressed and has a flat affect.  He forgets
easily and can't follow simple directions.  My sister doesn't know what to
do and is very frustrated and feels like she's ready to give up.  She needs
help and support (she's 54) and works full time.  Is there such a thing as
a psychiatrist who specializes inm PD w/ behavior problems.  We all come
from the Boston area.  I don't think that neither Don or my sister are
being treated well and Boston is suppose to be the medical capital of the
world.  Any suggestions out there?  She is so on edge with life!  I would
like to help her.

What is Don suppose to do during the day.  Should he still be driving?  He
freezes at night , after 8 PM.  Please respond.  Is shock treatment at all
helpful?

Evie