V. R. Peyton wrote:
> Somewhere I read PD patients should never take extra b6, that it would make
> the symptoms worse.
> Does anybody else have info on whether B vitamins are helpful or harmful to
> PD patients?

Dear Vicky,
Levodopa (Dopar) requires limitation of B6 to less than 5 mg per day, as
it may decrease the drug's effect. However, levodopa-carbidopa (Sinemet
and Sinemet CR) may be taken without regard to B6, as carbidopa prevents
the negative B6 effect (taken from  "Food-Medication Interactions" 8th
Ed, Z.M. Pronsky, MS, RD).
Hope this helps a bit.
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD