Hello to all and its very VERY interesting to read all the postings on the B6
thread.

I will take this opportunity to reinterate the fact that it is now 20 days
since I took my first "shot" and the wonders dont cease to continue!!  The
post pallidotomy constant drowsyness is gone!!!  This equates to more
alertness (my office work is really good) and I am thinking straight.

This past weekend, I was away from my home dr. who has agreed to administer
the B Shot.  Since I am on an alternative daily dose and it was a weekend I
spoke with a RX who translated the SPANISH insert contained in the box of
NERVOBION 5000 made by MERCK in Barcelona on license from Merck, Germany.

Beginning Monday, I will revert to the injection.   As per the Spanish
Internest, I have two more weeks to go for a total of 15 doses.

I will give the exact Spanish wording for those who can translate it.

Composicion
Cada ampolla de NERVOBION 5000 contiene:
Tiamina (D.C.I.) clorhidrato, 100 mg; Pirdoxina (D.C.I.) clorhidrato, 100mg;
Cianocobalamina (D.C.I.), 5mg;  alcohol bencilico, 30mg;  hidroxido sodico;
sal potasica del acido cianhidrico; agua para inyectable, c.s.p. 3 ml.

The RX advised the pill equivalent to be
1 X 100mg  B1        Thiamine   5000% RDA
1 X 100mg  B6        Pyridoxine 5000% RDA
5 X 1000mcg B12    Cyanocobalamin  16,666% RDA

Continuing from the MERCK insert

Contraindicaciones /  Precauciones
Este medicamento no debe administrase, en ningun caso, por via endovenosa.
Tampoco debe administrarse a pacientes con hipersensibilidad a algruno de los
componentes del medicamento.

Interacciones
La piridoxina y sus derivados a dosis elevadas disminuyen el efecto
antiparkinsoniano de la L-dopa.   (italics mine for effect)

(I will fax the entire original insert to whomever is interested)

I have also contacted MERCK USA and am waiting for a definitive reply if this
product is available in USA....I will report immediatly to the list.

--------------------------

Re front thigh and calf muscle aches (no cramping after pallidotomy) causing
hourly disrupted sleep (which equates to a very angry husband)  we tried 2
Motrin IB to help generate more sleep/less muscle aches.

I was advised that my edema could be greatly aggrevated by the IB.  Three
nites ago, we switched to Exedrin PM (no IB) and  would you believe I slept
through the night only to visit the WC (on my own) and then back to painless
sleep

To summarize my   New Life  and  my  husband's ability to get a nites sleep
The edema continues to receed with the daily dose of  40mg SEGURIL
(Furosemida)
The drowsyness is gone from the B
The leg muscle pain is almost gone and a good nite sleep since the Excedrin
at bedtime.

We pray many times daily that this improvement continues and say THANKS each
night for a good day past.

Both Chuck and I hope my positive recent experiences can benefit someone
else.

Joyce