HELLO FROM IVAN MFOWETHU SUZMAN, PORTLAND, MAINE.....46.....PD9......

At 22:44 7/25/96 -0400, Sherri Caves wrote:

>The key question is, "Do we want to give the Udall bill the best shot of
>passing in the 104th congress?"  If you do, the messages we send must be
>clear and simple:  Cosponsor the S. 684/H.R. 1462, get the bill onto the
>floor, do everything you can to get this bill passed in the 104th.

  Adding a line asking for changes to the Udall bill will
>undercut the powerful impression the Parkinson's community has made.
>
>Sherri Cave

 I AGREE WITH SHERRI!  Here is a further suggestion:

ASK YOUR CONGRESSPERSON to write or call Congressman Bilirakis(R.-Florida),
whose SubCommittee controls the Udall bill.  TWO IMPORTANT POINTS in that
letter might be:
    1)The Udall bill must be brought to the House floor ASAP.
    2)Fund it at the full, $100 million annual level. (The Senate cut it to
only $80 million).

 Congressman John Baldacci(D.- Maine), a strongly-committed co-sponsor, and
the Reresentative of the district adjacent to mine, has written Bilirakis a
letter with these two important points.  I am awaiting Rep. Baldacci's
permission to post that letter to our list!

IVAN  ([log in to unmask])