I have to admit that I have never thought of suicide being the answer to my PD
problems, anymore than I have ever thought that divorce would be the answer to
some of the problems couples have, who have been married 30 years--murder yes-
divorce NEVER!!

As I posted last week, I just got home after 10 days in the hospital and
36 days in a very good nursing home.  But I had lots of problems with
medications.
 About 7 years ago my first Neurologist sent me to
a Psychologist because I wasn't accepting my diagnosis very well.
 He was so right!!!!!   I wasn't accepting it at ALL, and consequencly, I
was falling a lot.

Well, I want you to know that the only thing that Neurologist did for me was to
send me to the Psychologist!!!!
The first thing the Psychologist said to me was that Dr.So-& So sent a report
to him that I was not accepting his & the Un. of Miami's diagnosis.  That I
was doing a lot of research on my own & seemed to feel that they were missing
things!!  In other words, he said "You are grasping at straws" and not
following
medical advice!!
"GUILTY AS CHARGED" , I answered!! If I ever find an article, in my research
that tells me of a Witch Doctor, who claims a cure---I'll be on the first plane
 out of here--failing that, I want to be completely informed of my condition
and anything new they find out about it--I want to KNOW immediately!!!

Well, after a few sessions & a few tests, which I passed!! This Psychologist
hypnotized me, he also made a tape of that session.  That was the best thing
I ever did!!!! I had to get out that tape the other day, after this horrible
surgery, and spend a number of sessions with it.  The balance problem I have
had recently, has
abated, and I'm not falling on my face when I get up in the middle of the night.

To me the best part of the Psychologist (he's a Hypnotherapist) was, that
because
he was not a M.D. ,he could not prescribe any medication & had to tackle the
problem another way. BTW, I do not suffer from depression as do most PD
patients--that's not to say I don't get depressed at all, but in my own mind
I feel that one of the "unadvertised" side effects of so much of the medication,
we are given is depression!!!  IMOHO, I'm better off not taking anymore
medication
than is absolutely necessary and then I always make certain they prescribe
the lowest possible dose. The Neurologist I have now, agrees with me--
He interned at Mayo Clinic and is very willing to listen to any research I have
found. He told me in the beginning that I will be the ONLY one who will know
how a medication affects me, and I will have to keep him informed.
Thank God for a reasonable Neurologist!!!!

To Joyce I say, "Go for it kid".  Since I hadn't seen anyone mention Hypnotism,
I want you to know, that at least for me, IT WORKS!!!!

Marjorie L. Moorefield/ 63/ 7.5
Reference Librarian at Broward County Main Library, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
( Here I am on sickleave while they celebrate being "Library of the Year",
but my boss keeps emailing me that I was part of the team who won that award)
She's GREAT too!!!!!!
--
Internet Communications of America, Inc.