Date:   Mon, 29 Jul 1996 14:02:10 -0400
From:   Mark Gottlieb <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Need advice/lawyer for parents re medicaid trap

My dad has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease and as we all know, they
are progressive.

I am looking for the best ways to prevent my parents' hard earned assets
from going to a nursing home in the event we can no longer take care of
my dad at home.  I need to find out what to do with my parents' house and
other assets to avoid Medicare taking them away before my dad is put in a
nursing home.

We appreciate any advice any of you have from personal experiences or
otherwise.  We are especially interested in info from someone in NJ since
Medicaid laws differ from state to state.  We also need an attorney from
Northern/Central NJ who specializes in medicaid and estate planning.

Please reply directly to [log in to unmask]